The September meeting of the Massachusetts Fifth Masonic District Lodge of instruction was held on the evening of Tuesday, September 26th.
The subject presented was Shrine Hospitals and Shrine Clowns by RW David Newcomb and his wife Diane.
The presentation included the history of the shrine, a summary of the great work they do, as well as some interesting information about being a clown.
The wonderful, benevolent work of the Shrine makes us all proud to be Masons.
This was a fun and informative evening of fellowship that included a remarkable, surprise guest.
Special thanks to our host lodge, Waltham Triad Lodge for a delicious pre-meeting meal and their post meeting hospitality.
We hope to see you at our next meeting on Tuesday, October Oct. 25th, 2023 in Needham and hosted by Moses Michael Hays Lodge, where David Brody will present highlights from his book “Templars, Nazis, and the Holy Grail“.
Following are the high-level goals for the 2022-2023 Massachusetts 5th Masonic District Lodge of Instruction.
- Keep presentations brief, engaging, enlightening, thought provoking, compelling and fun !
- Promote thought, and solicit open dialogue and discussion.
- Answer questions brethren may be afraid to ask.
- Make the district and craft better !
- Make LOI an event Brethren will look forward to attending and talk about after attending.
- Have more LOI events that are open to spouses and other non-Masons
- Develop a process to facilitate transition to the next LOI Master (create momentum)
- Have occasional unanticipated surprises through the year.